Product Description & Reviews
The 18-8 stainless steel thread rolling screw for use in plastic has a passivated finish and a pan head with a Phillips drive. The 18-8 stainless steel material provides strength and offers good corrosion resistance in many environments. The material may be slightly magnetic. The passivated finish enhances the natural corrosion resistance of stainless steel. The pan head has a flat top and short vertical sides with a rounded top edge. The Phillips drive has an x-shaped slot that accepts a Phillips driver and is designed to allow the driver to slip out of the head to help prevent over-tightening and damage to the thread or fastener.Thread cutting and thread rolling screws, two types of self-tapping screws, are threaded fasteners that create a mating thread in the wall of a hole. The two screws differ from each other in the way that they create the threads. Thread cutting screws cut the wall of the hole to create the thread, creating material chips that need to be cleared away from the hole to prevent clogging. Thread rolling screws, also called thread forming screws, do not remove material but instead press against the wall of the hole to displace the material and form the threads.
Features & Highlights
- Thread rolling screw recommended for use in plastic
- 18-8 stainless steel provides good corrosion resistance and strength
- Passivated finish enhances the natural corrosion resistance of stainless steel
- Pan head has a flat top and short vertical sides with a rounded top edge
- Phillips drive has an x-shaped slot that accepts a Phillips driver and is designed to prevent over-tightening
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.