This class 125 coupling is a brass pipe fitting with two female National Pipe Taper (NPT) threaded ends for connecting pipes and fittings. It has female NPT threaded ends for connecting to male fittings with tighter seals than straight threads. The class 125 fitting is made from brass, which is more economical, machinable, and offers greater corrosion resistance than steel. Class is a standard relating to tolerance, construction, dimension, and wall thickness, but it is not a direct measurement of maximum working pressure. This fitting meets standards ANSI/ASME B16.15, ASME B1.20.1, ASTM B584, and ALLOY C83600 for quality assurance.
Pipe fittings are components used for connecting, terminating, controlling flow, and changing the direction of piping in many different industries. When purchasing pipe fittings, consider the application, as this will affect material type, shape, size and required durability. Fittings are available threaded or unthreaded, in many shapes, styles, sizes, and schedules (pipe wall thickness).
Features & Highlights
- These fittings contain lead and are not allowed by federal law to be installed for potable water use in the U.S.A. and its territories.
- Female National Pipe Taper (NPT) threads on both ends for connecting to male ends
- Made from brass for machinability and higher corrosion resistance than steel
- National Pipe Taper (NPT) thread for compatibility with a range of threads
- More economical than steel
|Package Weight:||7.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.1 x 5.6 x 5.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Merit Brass, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.