Mohs' Hardness Test Kit for Industrial Applications
Mohs' Hardness Test Kit for Industrial Applications by Mineralab at In The National Interest. MPN: HD2. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This tool is used in industry to determine the Hardness of a material according to the Mohs scale. The kit contains 8 different Mohs' Hardness
This tool is used in industry to determine the Hardness of a material according to the Mohs scale. The kit contains 8 different Mohs' Hardness Points, from Mohs 2 through Mohs 9. These points are used in a 'scratch test' on the material. For example, if the number 6 point scratches a particular material, but the number 5 point does not, then your material has a Mohs' Hardness value of about 5.5. A common use of this tool is in Concrete Hardness Testing to guide the technician in selecting the optimal abrasive to use in the concrete polishing. Other examples of industrial use of this Mohs' Hardness Test Kit - on touch screens, faucet finishes, and countertop materials. This kit comes packaged in a rugged molded Plastic Case with permanent Instructions, along with a Mohs' Hardness Table of common natural and man-made materials.
Features & Highlights
- This set includes 8 Mohs' Hardness Points from Mohs' 2 through Mohs' 9, nicely mounted in nickel-plated Brass, color-coded, number-stamped, double-ended Pin Vises. Also includes two Hardness Plates of Mohs' 3.5 and 5.5, a 100x Sharpening Stone, along with laminated Instructions permanently affixed to inside of case, a Table of Industrial and other materials sorted by Mohs' Hardness, all compactly packaged in a molded Plastic carrying Case, designed for use in rugged workplace environments.
- The Hardness Points are made of Metals and Alloys of equivalent Mohs' Hardness as the mineral standards, so the points will not break off, and they can easily be re-sharpened, and ultimately replaced after many years. This beautiful and thoroughly conceived tool is made for the opposite of "planned obsolescence".
- This is probably the foremost tool used in the Concrete Polishing industry, for determining the Mohs' Hardness of the underlying Concrete matrix. We especially configured it with customized components, Instructions, Hardness Tables, and Carrying Case for Industrial use.
- IMPORTANT: For Rockhounds and Mineral enthusiasts, instead, we highly recommend our especially configured Deluxe Hardness Pick Set and Mineral Identification Kit. Just search Amazon using that keyword string.
- One year Warranty, 30 day Money-Back Guarantee
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Mineralab, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
JSP Silver testing solution...
6 Pack Gold, Silver & Platinum Testing Solutions. Enough Acid to test hundreds of items. Large 6x3" PRO Touch Test Stone. FREE GIFT: 5 Gram .999 Gold Clad Test Bar6 x 1/2oz Bottles FRESH Premium Acid Purity Testing Solution Test Gold, Silver & Platin...
mpn: 5670414, ean: 0739485670414,
The Digiweigh 100AS 100 gram scale and the PuriTEST six bottle testing solution kit is a must for your jewelry testing needs. An eye loupe, testing stone, and test bars are included....
Very easy to use and includes instructions. Sealed box contains six (6) bottles test solution; each bottle contains 1/2 fluid oz (0.50 fl oz) test acid. You will receive one 10k solution, one 14k solution, one 18k solution, one 22k solution, one Silv...
Excellent for removing any debris or marks off gold test stones,Effective. Non- toxic. ...
MeterTo MeterTo mainly offers instruments and tools. Please confirm the product is offered by our store MeterTo when purchasing, otherwise we can't ensure the quality and after-sale service. Introduction Measure the hardness of metal workpiece. Ap...
10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, Platinum & Silver test acids. 6 original PuriTEST brand acids. Each bottle contains 1/2 fluid ounce (0.5 fl oz.) acid for test procedure. Only 1 drop needed to test the gold. Each 1/2 ounce bottle contains enough acid to test up t...
mpn: DTI-SRT-6223+, ean: 0725186131606,
We use Fedex or DHL shipping, shipping time is about 3-5 days.Applications: Widely used in production site to measure surface roughness of various machinery-processed parts, calculate corresponding parameters according to selected measuring conditi...
mpn: SRT-6223, ean: 0725186135376,
The package will be sent to you by DHL, UPS or Fedex. It needs about 3days. The leading time is 1~3 days. Manual or automatic shutdown. The tester can be switched off by pressing the Power key at any time. On the other hand, the tester will power its...
Very easy to use and includes instructions. Sealed box contains six (6) bottles test solution; each bottle contains 1/2 fluid oz (0.5 fl oz) test acid. You will receive one 10k solution, one 14k solution, one 18k solution, one 22k solution, one Silve...