Plastics 2000 - KYDEX Sheet - 0.060" Thick, Black, 12" x 12", 2 PACK
Plastics 2000 - KYDEX Sheet - 0.060'' Thick, Black, 12'' x 12'', 2 PACK by Plastics 2000 at In The National Interest. MPN: P2K-KYDEX-060-12x12-52114-2P. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. KYDEX KYDEX sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX sheet forms to deep draws with
KYDEX sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX sheet forms to deep draws with low forces when heated to the upper end of the forming temperature range. Unlike many other thermoforming sheets, KYDEX sheet has unusually high resistance to hot tearing.
- Oven temperatures should be set differently than the settings used for ABS or FR-ABS.
- Typical heater settings (percentage timers) are 30% - 50% top heaters and 50% - 70% bottom heaters.
- The most frequent problem is trying to heat the sheet too quickly, particularly on the primary surface.
- Cycle times will vary depending on the oven conditions and grade of KYDEX sheet being formed.
- When forming KYDEX sheet, it is better to rely on the sheet appearance during heating than on fixed cycle times.
- Forming temperatures - Guidelines: (Sheet should not exceed 204°C (400°F).
165 - 177°C (330 - 350°F) for < 1.50mm (0.060").
182 - 196°C (360 - 385°F) for 1.50mm to 3.20mm (0.060" to 0.125").
196 - 204°C (385 - 400°F) for > 3.20mm (0.125")
- Ideally the core sheet temperature should be within 10°F of the surface temperature.
Sheet Appearance During Heating
As KYDEX sheet is heated, the inherent stresses in the sheet will relax.
• Stage I: The heating is marked by wide undulations and softening.
• Stage II: The material will start to form small ripples (known as oil canning). .
• Stage III: The material will start to smooth out and sag (KYDEX sheet will generally sag less than other thermoplastics due to its high melt strength. .
• Stage IV: The ripples will have smoothed out indicating that most stresses have been removed. 10 to 30 seconds afterwards the sheet is ready to form.
Features & Highlights
- Higher breakage resistance than competitive thermoplastics as measured by the Notched Izod test
- Among the most rigid of thermoforming materials with a modulus of elasticity of 2,482 MPa (360,000 psi)
- Easy to form with excellent part definition and deep-draw characteristics
- Great for knife sheaths and gun holsters
- Made in USA
|Item Size:||12 x 0.06 x 0.06 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.8 pounds|
|Package Size:||11.9 x 0.01 x 0.01 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Plastics 2000, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Dr. Shrink
mpn: DS.147128W, ean: 0657161000365,
Shrink wrap protects against weather damage. It's waterproof and can fully encapsulate anything with one-piece coverage; from entire flatbed loads, boats, or more. 100% virgin resin shrink wrap with maximum UV inhibitors costs only pennies per squar...
This bullet is not for use in a gun, it is 99.9% pure silver! Exercise your right to bear silver with the 1 oz. Silver Bullet. Modeled after ammunition for the .45 Automatic Colt Pistol, this .999 fine silver replica isn't actually intended to be fi...
mpn: FBA_CF24200, ean: 0696735525804,
Carpet Film Temporary Carpet Protection 24" X 200' Reverse Wound for easy application. Protects Synthetic Carpet During Renovation Or New Construction. Also great for Model Homes, Moving, Parties, Kennel Club Shows and Inclement Weather. 3 mil thick...
mpn: HD-PS-4ML-10x25, ean: 0818479020418,
This seamless poly sheeting makes the perfect tarp for your car or boat, or can be used to weather proof or storm proof your roof or windows or as a surface guard. This roll plastic sheeting is great for the home handywoman or handyman for those week...
By Plastics 2000
KYDEX KYDEX sheet has excellent forming properties, which results in uniform wall thicknesses and crisp detail. KYDEX sheet forms to deep draws with low forces when heated to the upper end of the forming temperature range. Unlike many other thermofor...
By Plastics 2000
Polycarbonate sheet combines high impact and temperature resistance with optical clarity and can be utilized for secondary glazing behind existing glazing for economical protection against breakage or intrusion. Polycarbonate sheet can be cut, sawn, ...
By Online Metal Supply
for each special cut please purchase : ADDITIONAL CUTS PER SHEET ... B0184HQO7S tolerance of the cut will be +-1/8"...
By M-D Building Products
sku: 7011661, mpn: 04796, ean: 0783961040789,
Clear heavy duty vinyl film used for a variety of interior and exterior household uses. Uses include storm doors, drop cloths, moisture barriers and much more.Cover your doors and windows before painting your house to protect from excess paint. Cover...
mpn: EG-BW-6ML-10x25, ean: 0818479020371,
ECOgardener UV Treated 6 mil Black and White Poly film is suited for both indoor and outdoor use. In Greenhouses, hydroponic systems, grow rooms and grow tents. The highly reflective properties of the white side allow you to make the most of your nat...
mpn: TSM 006, ean: 0649070060301,
A corrugated plastic sheets made from polypropylene. Are resistant to moisture and water.Do not react to chemicals and acid.. Screen printing can be used as well. Both indoor and outdoor. Toughness, resistance to tearing. And for better flexibility,L...