Rocaris 30 Pcs Thread Repair Kit, M6 x 1mm Thread Repair Insert Kit Compatible Hand Tool Set for Auto Repairing
Rocaris 30 Pcs Thread Repair Kit, M6 x 1mm Thread Repair Insert Kit Compatible Hand Tool Set for Auto Repairing by Rocaris at In The National Interest. MPN: Rocaris. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Instructions: 1.Drill out damaged thread using correctly sized drill bit(supplied) 2.Tap re-drilled hole using tap supplied 3.Load coiled insert into
1.Drill out damaged thread using correctly sized drill bit(supplied)
2.Tap re-drilled hole using tap supplied
3.Load coiled insert into applicator
4.Screw coil into casting
5.Using lug breaking tool, break off tag on insert
6.Thread is repaired and ready to use
25 × Thread inserts
1 × Lug breaking tool
1 × Installation tool
1 × wrench
1 × Thread tap
1 × Drill bit
Features & Highlights
- Drilling - clear the damaged threads with a standard drill. (to repair a spark plug thread no pre-drilling is necessary if using the special spark plug tap), please pay attention that for fluteless taps bigger holes are required.
- Checking - check that the thread and pitch of the tap and the bolt match.
- Tapping - use the special taps for cutting the holding thread into the cleared hole (recommended to use a suitable cutting oil).
- Install the insert - place insert on installation tool and position the adjustable ring so that the insert tang is centered in the tang slot. Wind the insert in with a light downward pressure until a half turn below the surface. Don't work against the thread direction as the tang could break.
- Tang removal - After finishing lift the installation tool and use the tang break tool to remove the tang. For bigger sizes and spark plug taps use long nose pliers to remove the tang. Due to the narrow and exact tolerances the new thread normally is stronger than the original ones.
|Package Weight:||0.2 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.5 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches|