Product Description & Reviews
Shaft collars are commonly used as guides, spacers, mechanical stops, and for component alignment on a shaft. They are one of the most common power transmission components and are found on equipment in most industries. Thin line shaft collars are designed for applications with space or weight restrictions such as encoders, gearboxes, and robots. They do not mar the shaft, are easy to install and adjust, and have high holding power. Clamp style shaft collars distribute compressive forces evenly around the shaft for a tight fit and improved holding power when compared to set screw style. Two-piece styles are mated throughout the manufacturing process for proper fit and alignment. They offer increased holding power to one-piece styles and allow for in-place installation and disassembly. Opposing screws are used to balance two-piece thin line shaft collars for better performance in rotating applications. They have tightly controlled face to bore perpendicularity, TIR of < 0.002”, for proper alignment of mating components.This thin line shaft collar is made from 2024 aluminum for lightweight and low inertia. It is stamped with the Ruland name for ease of identification.Ruland shaft collars are carefully made from select bar stock sourced exclusively from North American mills and are machined to a fine burr-free finish. Hardware exceeds DIN 912 12.9 standards for maximum torqueing capabilities and holding power. Ruland, founded in 1937, manufactures all products in our Marlborough, MA USA factory under strict controls using proprietary processes. Shaft collars are RoHS2 and REACH compliant.
Features & Highlights
- Thin line shaft collars are designed for applications such as encoders, motors, and gearboxes with space or weight restrictions
- Opposing screws balance two-piece style for better performance in rotating applications
- Ruland shaft collars have tightly controlled face to bore perpendicularity (TIR of < .002" / 0.05mm) for proper alignment of mating components
- Hardware exceeds DIN 912 12.9 standards for maximum torque capabilities
- All Ruland products are carefully made from select North American bar stock in our Marlborough, Massachusetts factory and are RoHS2 and REACH compliant
|Manufacturer:||Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc.|
|Publisher:||Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc.|
|Studio:||Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc.|
|Package Weight:||0.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||2 x 0.3 x 0.3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.