The main challenge in groove milling is usually chip evacuation. Chip issues often harm production efficiency, lower component quality, or cause tool breakage, especially when machining narrow and deep grooves. With CoroMill QD, there is a groove milling solution with the reliability needed for secure and trouble-free production processes.
• Secure, reliable machining
• Quality grooves without chip issues
• Long and predictable insert and cutter body tool life
• Easy and efficient insert changes
• Deep grooving and parting off
• External and internal machining
• Roughing to finishing
• Internal coolant solution for chip evacuation, improved surface finish, and predictable tool life.
• Ground inserts have very close length tolerance resulting in consistent, longer tool life and a tight tolerance on the component without burr formations.
• Optimized geometries and grades for controlled chip evacuation, high-quality groove surface, and long tool life.
• Quick-release key ensures correct clamping force and insert position repeatability. Inserts can be changed in the machine.
• Tilted insert seat with rail for stability and security
Cutting width: 3–5 mm (0.125–0.187 inch)
Cutting depth: 117.5 mm (4.429 inch)
Diameter: 80–315 mm (3–12 inch).