Sterling Seal & Supply 7530 (polytetrafluoroethylene) is a high molecular weight polymer and one of the most versatile plastics known to Man Virgin PTFE sheet can handle virtually all chemicals in the 0-14 pH range with the exception of molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine It is suitable for service at temperatures from the cryogenic range up to 500 Degrees F Sterling Seal & Supply 7530 is particularly recommended for applications in the food and beverage industry where high purity materials are required It is also used where contamination or discoloration of flow media cannot be tolerated The coefficient of friction of plastics is usually measured against polished steel Ptfe's resistance to van der Waals forces means that it is the only known surface to which a gecko cannot stick In fact, PTFE can be used to prevent insects climbing up surfaces painted with the material and is so slippery, that insects cannot get a grip and tend to fall off For example, PTFE is used to prevent ants climbing out of formicaries Because of its superior chemical and thermal properties, PTFE is often used as a gasket material PTFE sheets are used in the production of butane hash oil due to its non-stick properties and resistance to non-polar solvents Its high corrosion resistance makes PTFE useful in laboratory environments, where it is used for lining containers, as a coating for magnetic stirrers, and as tubing for highly corrosive chemicals such as hydrofluoric acid, which will dissolve glass containers It is used in containers for storing fluoroantimonic acid, a super acid In industrial applications, owing to its low friction, PTFE is used for applications where sliding action of parts is needed: plain bearings, gears, slide plates, etc In these applications, it performs significantly better than nylon and Acetal; it is comparable to ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene Its extremely high bulk resistivity makes it an ideal material for fabricating long-life electrets
Features & Highlights
- Do it your self (DIY) material - this product is great for your home and workplace projects. Sands, drills, cuts with Saw & very machine able
- Possible applications - projects like spacers, Bushings, coasters, furniture floor sliders, gasket creation, leveling objects, abrasion resistance, electric insulation
- Use PTFE sheet for making seals, washers and insulators. PTFE is very useful & durable as a low-friction dry bearing surface and is great as a drum bearing material for dryers
- Sterling Seal & Supply 7530 has exceptional mechanical toughness with superior anti-stick, low frictional properties, and long term weather ability. PTFE is both high Impact and tearing resistant
- PTFE is unaffected by most corrosive liquids, Vapors and gases, and conforms to both FDA and AMS specifications
|Manufacturer:||Supplied by, Sur-Seal, Inc. of NJ|
|Brand:||Sterling Seal & Supply|
|Publisher:||Supplied by, Sur-Seal, Inc. of NJ|
|Studio:||Supplied by, Sur-Seal, Inc. of NJ|
|Package Weight:||3 pounds|
|Package Size:||13 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Sterling Seal & Supply, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By LAMP by Sugatsune
mpn: G1612527, ean: 0645220144907,
Drawer Slide Full 28 In. L Pr...