TotalBoat Liquid Urethane Foam Kit 2 Lb Density, Closed Cell for Flotation & Insulation (2 Gallon Kit)
TotalBoat Liquid Urethane Foam Kit 2 Lb Density, Closed Cell for Flotation & Insulation (2 Gallon Kit) by TotalBoat at In The National Interest. MPN: TB-FOAM. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. TotalBoat 2 lb. density urethane flotation foam is ideal for marine applications such as soundproofing, insulating, filling voids, and adding
Mix at a 1:1 resin to hardener ratio to ensure equal, even distribution and the strongest possible foam. This fast acting formula allows approximately twenty seconds for mixing and pouring, as foam will be set in place within 10 minutes. It's ready for use in just hours. 2 lb foam has a flotation range of 100-120 lbs per quart. 2 lb foam expansion: One 2-Quart Kit expands to approximately 2 cubic feet; one 2-Gallon Kit expands to approximately 8 cubic feet. All expansion rates and times given are temperature critical. Temperatures below 75 degrees F will lower the expansion rate therefore requiring more foam. Ideal working temperature is 75 to 80 degrees F or above.
Accurate measuring is critical. Once fully cured, it can be laminated over with any type of polyester, epoxy or vinyl ester resin without melting. TotalBoat Polyurethane foam is compatible with both epoxy and polyester resin systems. Our flotation foam has been tested in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard Regulation # 33 CFR 183.114. Shelf life is 6 months from date of manufacture. All TotalBoat products are designed by boaters, for boaters. We know what works and what doesn't.
Features & Highlights
- Liquid polyurethane foam mixes at a 1:1 ratio with a low viscosity allowing easy mixing.
- 98% closed cell 2 lb per cubic foot density provides superior resistance against gas or oil.
- One 2-quart kit expands to approx. 2 cubic feet; one 2-gallon kit expands to approx. 8 cubic ft.
- Flotation foam expands in 5 minutes. Ideal for filling voids in non-structural applications.
- Available in 2 Quart and 2 Gallon kits.